A Buncha NunSense

Monday, June 14, 2010

TENDON SURGERY

I've been staying in Lusaka for a number of days. I spent two days attending an HIV / AIDS workshop hat the diocese offered for the different congregations ministering in Zambia. It was great updated information on the current state of the disease in the country.

After the workshop I went in for surgery on two tendons in my thumb and wrist that had been causing a lot of pain. It was an interesting first hand experience of health care in the developing world. I was certainly feeling more vulnerable than I do in a hospital in the US! The surgery went well, but it was done under a local anesthesia and the wrist area still had quite a bit of feeling as the cutting was done. I felt a lot of pain and almost passed out on the table, but I survived and the healing seems to be coming along well.

A baby was going in for surgery after I finished and he had curled hands and feet, so he reminded me that I didn't have it so bad. I hope his surgery went as well as mine did!

3 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At August 3, 2010 at 9:32 AM  

  • Sister Deb,
    Just got on the Presentation Sister's web site to see if they were offering any retreats soon and ran into your blog! What a surprise - have thought of you since you left St. Thomas More of which I am a member. I was the one who had asked you for a Bible tht I could buy that would be easier to understand and useful for a Bible study. And you went right away and found me one. We had such a nice visit! I so enjoyed having you at St. Thomas More - you are a gift to any parish!
    Do hope all is going well - health wise and working in the mission fields. How good we have it and we all just take it for granted!

    You'll be in my prayers daily!
    St. Thomas More parishioner-Mary Kontz

    By Anonymous sr. Deb, At August 25, 2010 at 9:32 PM  

  • Sister Deb... Just a FYI... Holy Spirit Parish is Sioux Falls will be doing a Food Packing event with Kids against Hunger.... We have choose our food to come to Zambia... Can you email me sometime, i would love to chat and share more. anightingale@holyspiritsf.org

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At August 26, 2010 at 1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home